Monday, September 4, 2023

Bacon Jalapeno Twice Baked Potatoes (118 of 150)

The niece and her wife are in town so I thought I'd make them my famous ribs. To go along with the ribs I usually make Mom's Mac Salad, but this time I thought I'd make something different. 

Found this recipe on FB and knew it was the right recipe for this meal. I love twice baked potatoes and never make them for myself. This one has all the trimmings too and that's going to make it yummy!

When I make these again, I'd cut the butter in half and not use the milk. They were a little "loose". Delicious all the same. 

Bacon Jalapeno Twice Baked Potatoes
Recipe from Butter Your Biscuit

Serves 6

3 large russet potatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup butter melted
1/4 cup milk warm
8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
3 jalapenos finely diced
8 pieces cooked bacon chopped
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar plus more for garnish
1/2 cup shredded pepper jack plus more for garnish
Kosher salt/pepper
sour cream
green onions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Scrub potatoes clean and then poke each potato with a fork several times, and place on a baking sheet. Rub the olive oil on the potatoes and salt generously with kosher salt. Bake 1 hour or until fork-tender.

Remove potatoes from oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees

When the potatoes are fully cooked, slice each potato in half, scoop out the inside, and place it into a bowl. Add butter, milk, cream cheese, jalapenos, and bacon ( leave some out for garnish) and mix together until combined. Mix in cheddar and pepper jack cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.

Add the potato mixture back into the potato skins, add diced bacon on top and sprinkle with some additional cheese. Place bake into the oven for 15 minutes to let the cheese melt.

Top with sour cream, bacon, and green onions...Enjoy!

No comments: