Monday, May 15, 2023

Teriyaki Chicken and Spinach Salad (78 of 150)

It's hot. Boy is it hot. And because it's hot, I am not turning on the stove in any way. So I made this Huli Huli Chicken to pair along with this Spinach Salad. 

I did make some modification. I didn't have almonds so I used walnuts. And that, my friends is it. 

The Vinaigrette was AMAZING. I'll be putting that on the favorites list for sure. It made about 1/2 cup and you need very little to dress the salad. I used Yoshida's Teriyaki sauce - I couldn't find any sugar free teriyaki that taste remotely good. 


Teriyaki Chicken and Spinach Salad
Recipe from Recipe Runner
Serves 6

  • 10 ounce bag baby spinach
  • 2 chicken breasts (see Huli Huli chicken)
  • 1/4 c teriyaki sauce
  • 10.5 ounce can mandarin oranges, drained
  • 1/2 c slivered almonds, toasted
  • 1/2 c dried cranberries

Teriyaki Vinaigrette
  • 1/4 c teriyaki sauce
  • 1/4 c rice wine vinegar
  • 1 T honey
  • 1 T water
  • 2 tsp dark sesame oil
  • 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper

Marinate the chicken breasts in a 1/4 cup of teriyaki sauce for at least 30 minutes or overnight.

Cook the chicken breasts then cool them slightly before dicing them into 1/2 inch pieces.

In a large bowl add in all of the spinach.

Top the spinach with the diced chicken, toasted almond, mandarin oranges, and dried cranberries.

In a glass measuring cup whisk together all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette.

Pour enough of the vinaigrette over the salad to coat it, then toss everything together.

The vinaigrette can also be served on the side.


No comments: