Monday, May 15, 2023

Grilled Huli Huli Chicken (77 of 150)

Lord it's hot! Us PNWesterners just aren't every happy. We complain when its rainy all the time and complain when hell has come to town. 

When it's this hot turning on the stove is just not an option. So I decided to make this Huli Huli chicken on the grill. Overall it was ok. The problem for me, and it's just me most likely, is it was too Pineapple-y. I could really taste the pineapple and it's not my favorite cooked flavor. 

To make this lower in the carb count, I swapped the ketchup for sugar free ketchup (it's the only kind I use these days - can't even tell) and I swapped the brown sugar for Swerve Low Carb Brown Sugar.

I served it alongside this Spinach salad - which I will make again in a heartbeat. Sooo good. 


Grilled Huli Huli Chicken
Recipe from Six Sisters Stuff
Serves 6
  • 1/2 c pineapple juice
  • 1/2 c brown sugar
  • 1/3 c ketchup
  • 1/3 c low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger
  • 2 tsp minced garlic
  • 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts

In a mixing bowl, whisk together pineapple juice, brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, ginger and garlic.

Pour marinade into a large resealable plastic bag and add chicken.

Seal bag and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours (or overnight).

Remove bag from fridge, drain and discard marinade from chicken.

Grill chicken over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees F.

No comments: