Sunday, August 29, 2021

Ham & Cheese Chopped Salad with Garlic Dill Ranch (Recipe 114 of 125)

Beautiful photo from The 
Salty Marshmallow.com
I wasn't going to count this as one of my recipes for this year's goal, but then thought I should because the salad dressing, by its self is worth a single entry. 

I have made ranch dressing from scratch SCRATCH...like cutting all the herbs myself and tossing them with sour cream and buttermilk. 

I've also made ranch dressing from packets. 

I've not made ranch dressing from a packet AND add herbs to it. I gotta say, adding the extra dill to this dressing made it my favorite almost instantly. I do believe the key is definitely sour cream (not Greek yogurt) and the buttermilk. 

The salad by itself is common. Nothing overly special about it. Well, other than the crispy onions - which I forgot to add to it. 

Ham & Cheese Chopped Salad with Garlic Dill Ranch
Recipe from Thesaltymarshmallow.com

Serves 2

Salad:

  • 6 c chopped romaine lettuce
  • 2 Large Eggs boiled and sliced
  • 1 c diced ham
  • ¼ c French fried onions
  • ½ c sliced cherry or grape tomatoes
  • ½ cucumber diced
  • cubed cheddar and swiss cheese


Dressing:

  • ½ Packet dry ranch dressing mix
  • ½ c plain greek yogurt or sour cream
  • 1 c buttermilk
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 T baby dill chopped


Dressing:

Mix all ingredients together in a small jar or container with lid. Shake or stir well to combine and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.

Salad:

Place chopped romaine in a large serving bowl.

Arrange rows of ham, tomatoes, French fried onions, cucumber, cheese, and eggs over the top of the lettuce.

Serve with dressing as desired.

No comments: