Monday, August 2, 2021

Grilled Chili-Lime Chicken Sandwiches (Recipe 100 of 125)

Look at that! Recipe 100 and it's only August. I bet I hit closer to 135-140 this year. 

This recipe was solid. It was tasty, messy, and fully of some great chili lime flavor. The only thing I did not do for this recipe is the avocado. Blech. So instead I put the mayo mixture on the top and bottom of my bun. I used Ciabatta rolls because I thought they'd stand up better with what I assumed would be a sloppy mess...and I was right. 


Grilled Chili-Lime Chicken Sandwiches
Recipe from Cook's Country July 2021

Serves 4

  • 3/4 c mayonnaise
  • 1 1/2 tsp grated lime zest
  • 2 T lime juice
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt, divided
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
  • 2 c coleslaw mix
  • 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded and minced
  • 4 large sandwich rolls, split
  • 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted and mashed

Combine mayo, lime zest, 1/4 tsp salt, and chili powder in small bowl. 

Combine chicken, 1/4 c mayo mixture and 3/4 tsp salt in second bowl. 

Combine coleslaw mix, jalapeno, 2 T mayo mixture, and lime juice in a third bowl. 

Reserve remaining mayo mixture to put on sandwich rolls for serving. 

Grill chicken until done. Let it rest. 

Grill rolls cut sides down until toasted. 

Cut chicken into pieces. Spread avocado evenly on cut side of 1 side of bun. Spread the mayo mixture on the other. 

Distribute chicken and slaw evenly and serve.

No comments: