Saturday, June 20, 2020

Keto Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies

Weird fact #142 about me: I hate pumpkin pie. Blech. But I love pumpkin bread or pumpkin bars, or pumpkin cookies. It's a texture thing. 

I've had this recipe tagged for my "weekly" bake for a bit and just never made it. Today I made it. This house smells amazing, BTW.  

A couple of things, in traditional cookie baking you cream the butter and sugar together. I was unsure in this recipe if the erythritol was considered a "dry" ingredient. It's not listed the the wet list so I took a gamble and put it in with the dry. I have how I might change this up in the baking notes below. 

Turns out, if you read the blog this came from, it explains how it should be put together.


Keto Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
Recipe from Ruled.me
Makes 12-15

The Cookies:
1 ½ c almond flour
½ tsp baking powder
¼ c erythritol
¼ c salted butter
½ c pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
25 drops liquid stevia

The Topping:
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp erythritol

Pre-heat oven to 350F. 

Measure out dry ingredients and mix.

In a separate container, measure out the butter, pumpkin puree, vanilla, and liquid stevia. [JW note: I creamed this all together with the egg.]

Mix everything together well until a pasty dough is formed. Roll the dough into small balls and set on a cookie sheet covered with a silpat. About 15 cookies in total.

Press the balls flat with your hand (or the bottom side of a jar) and bake for 12-13 minutes.

While the cookies are cooking, run 2 tsp. erythritol and 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice through a spice grinder.

Once the cookies are done, sprinkle with the topping and let cool completely.

JW Notes: I would cream the erythritol and butter together before adding the pumpkin puree, egg, vanilla and stevia.

No comments: