Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Broccoli with Garlic and Asiago

As my side dish to the Sirloin Burgers with Mushrooms and Swiss Cheese I made this broccoli dish. I can't say it was great, but it was good. I think by trying to make broccoli better I somehow make it worse.

Broccoli with Garlic and Asiago
Recipe from Rachael Ray 30 Minute Meals 2
Makes 4 servings

1 large head broccoli, cut into long thin spears
2 T extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 lb Asiago cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler

Simmer broccoli in a 1/2 inch boiling, salted water in a shallow skillet for 3 or 4 minutes. Drain and remove from pan. Return pan to stovetop over medium heat, add oil and garlic, and saute 3 minutes. Add broccoli spears and coat with the oil. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with curls of cheese.



No comments: