Thursday, November 20, 2014

Bistro Chicken Salad

I'm bored with my lunches.

Soup. Soup...and some more soup. Ugh.

With the new job and the lunch room I decided it was time to start upping my lunch options.

I purchased a couple new Weight Watchers cookbooks and they have some fantastic salads in them.

This was the first salad I tried.  I thought it might be odd to be so tomato focused, but it was really quite tasty.

Naturally I changed some things up. Well, ok only one change. On day two of this salad, I swapped red wine vinegar with balsamic vinegar. Huge difference. 

Bistro Chicken Salad
Recipe from Ultimate Chicken Cookbook

Makes 4 Servings
Calories: 217 cal per serving 1 3/4 c servings

1/2 lb skinless boneless chicken breast halves, lightly pounded
3 c crusty Italian bread cubes about 3/4 in thick chunks
1 c grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1 c yellow pear tomatoes, halved
1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
1 1/2 c chopped fresh basil
10 kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
3 T red wine vinegar
4 tsp extra virgin olive oil

Grill the chicken, let it cool and Cut the chicken into diagonal strips about 1/4 inch thick (I diced mine up instead)

Meanwhile, combine the bread, tomatoes, cucumber basil and olives in a large bowl. Drizzle with the vinegar and oil; toss well to coat. Stir in the chicken and serve at once.

So for lunch - I didn't add the bread or the dressing until I ate it. I put the veggies together in a Tupperware bowl and mixed it all together at lunch.

No comments: