Thursday, November 20, 2014

Apple, Celery, and Walnut Salad with Dijon Dressing

Last night for book club I was responsible for bringing a salad. I wanted to bring something different and one I'd been wanting to make for awhile.

If you don't like celery, you won't like this salad.  I happen to love celery in things, but rarely grab a celery stick to eat it.

This recipe was light, flavorful and super easy to make. It'd be a great side salad for a BBQ in the summer since it has no mayo in it.

Apple, Celery, and Walnut Salad with Dijon Dressing
Photo courtesy of Epicurious

Recipe from Weight Watchers What to Cook Now

Makes 6 servings
Calories: 3/4 c 79 calories

1/2 bunch celery, cut at a diagonal
2 T white wine vinegar
1 T olive oil
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp maple syrup (I used a light maple syrup)
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 red apple, coared and cut into chunks - I used a Honey crisp, but next time I'd make it with a granny smith
2 T chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
1/4 c chopped toasted walnuts

Make sure you celery and apple are chopped.

Whisk together the vinegar, oil, mustard, maple syrup, salt and pepper in a large bowl.  Drizzle over the celery, apple, walnuts and parsley.

No comments: