Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sherrie's Most Delicious Salad Ever

My cousin Blueberry often asks what she can bring when I invite her to dinner.  I often tell her nothing.  Though I've gotten better about letting her, and others, bring things to dinner.  Sometime in the last couple of months Blueberry brought this salad.

I almost licked the bowl.

I like salads.  I especially like viddles in my salad.  My salads are about all that can be put in them over the lettuce that's in it.  There's something about the combination of the viddles in this salad that just set my taste buds off on an adventure they don't want to return on. I hope you enjoy it too.

Sherrie's Most Delicious Salad Ever
Serves 6 (if people don't get addicted to it like me)

  • romaine lettuce, enough to feed 6 people
  • 1 handful red grapes, sliced in half
  • 1 handful craisins
  • 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated

DRESSING
  • 1/2 c sugar
  • 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 c red wine vinegar
  • 1/4 c olive oil
  • 1 tsp poppy seeds

CANDIED ALMONDS
  • 1/2 c slivered almonds
  • 1/4 c sugar

Put 1/2 cup slivered almonds and 1/4 cup sugar into a pan. Cook until sugar is melted and bubbling. Coating the almonds.  Watch them carefully as they can burn really quickly. Pour them on to a piece of parchment paper and let cool (you're essentially making sugared almonds).

Put lettuce, red grapes, craisins and cheese in a bowl.  

Mix the dressing ingredients together and let sit.

Add the sugared almonds.  Dress the salad just before serving.

1 comment: