Friday, August 26, 2011

Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookies

I'm not a person who has a sweet tooth, mostly. I'm more the carb, bread, cheese, deep fried craver.  Once in a great while though I like to make cookies.  I only make them when I can take them somewhere otherwise I'll have two or three the first day and be done with them.  I had an occasion to make some cookies this week and opted for these Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookies.

Interesting cookies. Flavor wise, they're delicious.  Texture wise they were odd.  The photo shows the cookies more flat which makes them more crunchy type of cookie, which I love. My cookies turned out a bit more puffier and had a consistency of meringue. Which is fine, just not what I was expecting. Still they're good cookies and quick and easy to make.

Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookies
Makes 3 dozen

  • 1 c flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/3 c butter
  • 1 1/2 c sugar
  • 1/3 c brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2/3 c chocolate chips
  • 1/2 c chopped hazelnuts

Preheat oven to 350F.

Sift dry ingredients into a small bowl; set aside.

Cream together butter and sugars. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture on low speed. Once combined add the chocolate chips and half the hazelnuts.

Drop tsp size balls of the dough onto a prepared cookie sheet. Flatten each with a fork or your hand and top with remaining hazelnuts and press lightly into the surface.

Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.  Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

No comments: