Monday, June 6, 2011

Grilled Salmon with Chili-Lime Sauce

I'm a big fan of salmon. And an even bigger fan of Asian flavors.  I have this cookbook called Quick and Easy Thai.  I'm made about a dozen recipes from this book and have yet to be disappointed.

This was a simple meal to put together. Easy ingredients that most grocery stores have.

It was a bit too salty for me. So if, when, I make it again I'd not add any salt to the marinade since the dark soy sauce has plenty. I also think the 1/2 tsp of pepper is a bit too much.  Could be because I made the full marinade and just had one piece of fish, so it was more concentrated - but still, it was really salty.

Photo by Jenn Wraspir
Grilled Salmon with Chili-Lime Sauce
Recipe from Quick and Easy Thai
Serves 4 to 6

Marinade
  • 3 T coarsely chopped garlic
  • 3 T coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
  • 2 T fish sauce
  • 1 T dark soy sauce (you can use regular soy sauce if you don't have the dark)
  • 1/2 tsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt (again - I'd cut this out)
  • 1/2 tsp pepper (I'd maybe to 1/4 tsp)
  • 1 1/2 lbs meaty fish fillets, such as salmon, tuna, snapper, cod, halibut etc

Sauce
  • 1/4 cup fish sauce
  • 3 T freshly squeezed lime juice
  • 2 T sugar
  • 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
  • 1 tsp finely chopped fresh hot green chilies - I used a Serrano
  • 1 tsp finely chopped cilantro

In a food processor, combine the marinade ingredients. Pulse to make a paste.  Add fish. Marinate for 20-30 minutes covered and in the fridge.

To make the sauce: Combine all the sauce ingredients. Set aside.

Grill fish or bake it at 425F until desired doneness.

Serve fish along side of the sauce.

I made white rice and used the sauce over the white rice.  Delicious!

No comments: