Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Frito-Lollies

This past Sunday was Sunday Dinner.  I decided to reach deep into the traditions and pulled out Frito-Lollies.

Traditionally this is our Christmas Eve meal.  I have no idea when it became a tradition, I just know now we make sad faces at mom if she even mentions another meal for Christmas Eve.

What is a Frito-Lollie? And more importantly where's the recipe?

A Frito-Lollie is basically Frito corn chips topped with chili.  Then it's covered with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cheese and sour cream. 

Some people call them Straw Hats. Others call them Pepper Bellies.  Whatever you call them, I highly recommend them.

Now, about the recipe.  I make chili by "feel".  A few basic ingredients: burger, onions, tomatoes (crushed, diced, and tomato sauce), beans.  Then a few basic seasonings: salt, cumin, chili powder, and cayenne. 

The amounts of any of those I couldn't tell you.  I know my chili is right when it looks right.  I know if I can get a certain chili "look" I know it'll be delicious.  And this past Sunday was no exception.  In fact, Blueberry asked me for the chili recipe.  Sorry, cuz...there isn't one.

No comments: