Friday, July 24, 2009

Crusted Salmon

Last year mom and dad went to Alaska for their yearly trip. They asked if I wanted some salmon - see they fish when they're up there - I said, "Sure why not." I didn't realize I'd get 21 lbs of salmon. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. But I did have to get created on how to fix said salmon. This is one of the recipes I tried this week...it was pretty darn good.

Crusted Salmon
Serves 4
For the Vinaigrette - whisk together
  • 1/4 c Fresh orange juice
  • 1/4 c Olive Oil
  • 2 T White wine vinegar
  • 1 T Dijon
  • 1 T Honey
  • 1 T Orange zest, minced
  • 1 T minced fresh taragon
  • 1 T Shallot, minced
  • salt and pepper

For the Salmon - combine; brush over
  • 2 T Olive oil
  • 2 T Dijon
  • Salt and Pepper
  • 4 Skin on salmon fillets
  • 1/2 c Panko crumbs
  • 1/4 c Chopped fresh parsley
  • 2 T Olive oil

Preheat grill to medium. Whisk all the ingredients for the vinaigrette together in a bowl and set aside.

Combine 2 T oil, Dijon, salt and pepper in a bowl, then brush the mixture over the top of the fillets. Stir panko, parsley and 2 T oil together in a bowl. Top each fillet with some of the crumbs, then carefully place fillets on the grill, skin side down. Cover with a foil pan and cook 4-5 minutes, or until fish is firm to the touch, checking often for flare ups.

To serve; spoon vinaigrette on the bottom of each serving plate followed by spears of asparagus. Top asparagus with salmon and slightly drizzle with vinaigrette again.

No comments: