Tuesday, July 21, 2009

BBQ Chicken in Foil

I'm kinda a snob when it comes to BBQ sauce. My mom's BBQ sauce is the best and really the "only" I really love. All others are just okay. This particular recipe was 1) easy and 2) quite flavorful considering it wasn't mom's BBQ sauce. It would have been even better if I hadn't over cooked the chicken. I never can cook it just right. I'm usually too afraid of it not being cooked enough that I think over cook it.

BBQ Chicken in Foil
Serves 4

  • 3/4 cup Chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup Ketchup
  • 1/4 cup Fresh lemon juice
  • 3 tablespoons Butter
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Yellow mustard
  • 1 Chicken split in half - I used a chicken breast as I'm not a big fan of bone-in chicken
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt and pepper
  • 1 teaspoon Cider vinegar

Combine onion, ketchup, lemon, butter, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard in medium saucepan and mix well.

Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low, simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.

Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.

Preheat oven to 350F. Cut 2 pieces heavy duty foil large enough to enclose the chicken halves.

Place 1 chicken half on each piece of foil. Spoon 1/4 of the BBQ sauce over each chicken half. Fold foil to close chicken and seal tightly.

Place foil packets in large baking pan. Bake for 1 hour.

No comments: