Saturday, July 18, 2009

Brownie Cookies

I'm not a baker anymore. I used to like to bake, but then I realized I don't like to measure exactly. I like to add dashes and pinches. Baking is way too exact for me.

For a fundraising event I decided to make these Brownie Cookies. They were quite good. If I do them again, I'd add chocolate chips to them to add some texture and sweetness. As they are, they aren't that sickly sweet that brownies can sometimes get. They were good and had just enough sweetness for me.


Brownie Cookies
 make about 3 dozen depending on the size of your scoop.

  • 12 ounces Bittersweet chocolate, chopped
  • 1/2 cup Flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon Baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 6 tablespoons Unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup Light brown sugar
  • 3 large Eggs
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted, then let cool.

In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until lightened in color. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until combined. With mixer on low, alternately beat in chocolate and flour mixture; mix just until combined (do not overmix).

Drop dough by heaping tablespoons, about 2 inches apart, onto two parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cookie comes out clean, 14 to 16 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool.

No comments: