Saturday, April 18, 2009

Teriyaki Glazed Chicken


I seem to be forever looking for that just right teriyaki recipe. I've found a few close ones, but I like my teriyaki, a glaze especially, to be thick and rich. This recipe was good. I'd make it again.

The fun part of this recipe was I got to use my new peeler. I broke down and bought a Titan peeler that peels things in a julienne fashion. OMG I loved it. A bit complicated at first to figure out how to use it and not cut my knuckles off, but we had success.

Teriyaki Glazed Chicken
Serves 4
  • 4 Boneless chicken, cut into strips
  • 3 tablespoons Vegetable oil, divided
  • 4 medium Carrot, julienned
  • 1 medium Sweet onion, julienned
  • 1/2 cup Soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup Packed brown sugar
  • Hot cooked rice

In a large skillet, or wok, stir fry chicken in vegetable oil. Remove chicken once juices run clear and set aside.

Stir-fry carrots. Add onions and stir fry for 2-4 minutes. Combine soy sauce and brown sugar; add to skillet.

Bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet. Boil for 5 more minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.

No comments: