Saturday, April 18, 2009

Skirt Steak with Lemon and Chili Roasted Potatoes

The skirt steak of this recipe wasn't anything fancy. Simply seasoned skirt steak - cooked. It says to broil it, but we all know how I feel about broiling when there's a BBQ within the same reach. So I BBQ'd mine - shocking I know.

The potatoes were the real star of this recipe. Super simple way to make your average, everyday potato that much better. They were spicy, but I suspect that's because I tossed in Montreal Steak Seasoning instead of just your average salt and pepper.

The confusing part of this recipe was the lemon part. I had no idea what I should have been doing with the lemon - so I didn't.

Skirt Steak with Lemon and Chili Roasted Potatoes
Serves 4
1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potato, cut into 1" pieces
  • 3 tablespoons Olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon Chili powder
  • Salt and pepper
  • 8 sprigs Thyme
  • 1 1/2 pounds Skirt steak
  • 1 Lemon, quartered

Heat oven to 425F.

Mix the potatoes, oil, chili powder, salt and pepper and thyme in a medium bowl. Transfer to roasting pan and cook, stirring once, until crisp and golden brown, about 40 minutes.

Remove the potatoes form oven, transfer to serving bowl. Heat broiler.

Season steak with salt and pepper. Broil the steak to the desired doneness, 3-4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Slice against the grain. Serve with the potatoes and lemon quarters.

No comments: