Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Thai BBQ Chicken

OMG..I love, love, LOVEd this recipe. I'll make it again in a heart beat. It reminded me of some chicken I had somewhere - don't remember where but I do remember the chicken. Where the chicken was BBQ's and brushed with a syrup that was infused with dried chilies, garlic and vinegar. It was delicious.

Don't make this marinade any earlier than the day you plan to use it. The herbs will deteriorate. I accompanied this meal with sauted fresh asparagus with grill seasoning (OMG so good), and Thai Kitchen Thai Yellow Curry rice. I had not had that particular rice and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. MMM. It didn't have a strong curry flavor (mom!) but a pleasant flavor. I almost did the Lemon Grass rice...and may try that next time.

But here's the recipe. Eat well.

Thai BBQ Chicken
Serves 4

2 frying chickens, cut into pieces (I used chicken breasts - boneless - cuz that's how I roll)

Marinade:
  • 6 T freshly squeezed lime juice
  • 1/4 c freshly squeezed orange juice
  • 1/4 c packed light brown sugar
  • 1/4 c Thai fish sauce or soy sauce (I used half fish sauce and half soy because I couldn't make up my mind)
  • 1T Asian chili sauce (using this amount didn't make it spicy at all)
  • 2 T finely minced ginger
  • 6 cloves garlic finely minced (do not skimp on this...garlic is life)
  • 1/4 c finely minced whole green onions
  • 1/4 c minced fresh mint leaves (I skipped these - not a mint fan)
  • 1/4 c minced fresh basil leaves
  • 1/4 c minced cilantro

Combine the marinade ingredients. Add the chicken to the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours (I let mine sit for about an hour).

Grill your chicken.

You will want to come back for more, I promise you.

No comments: