Thursday, December 28, 2006

Turkey Cutlet Salad

I love making up recipes. I don't do it too often because I don't like the idea of possibly throwing away food. But in this case, I knew it would be easy. I decided to try to eat through my freezer considering I have a ton of food in there that really needs to be eaten.

First item out Turkey Cutlets.

Turkey Cutlet Salad
Serves 4
  • 4 Turkey Cutlets
  • 1/2 c Italian bread crumbs
  • 1/2 c Prmesan cheese
  • Salt and Pepper
  • 3 c Romaine lettuce, chopped
  • 1 c grape tomatoes
  • 1 c English cucumber, chopped
  • handful of bacon bits
  • handful of shredded cheese
  • handful of croutons
  • Dressing of choice ( I used Claire's Blue Cheese dressing)

Mix Italian bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Dredge cutlets in the bread crumbs and coat them. Add 2 T of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) in a skillet, bring to just smoking. Put in cutlets and brown on both sides (about 3 minutes on each side).

Mix all the other ingredients together.

When turkey cutlets are done, move to a paper towel to drain any oil. Slice and add to the top of the salad.

Enjoy! Burp!

No comments: