Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Teriyaki Chicken

I think I'm going to give up on trying to find a teriyaki chicken recipe that's better than my favorite teriyaki place. I've tried so many and I've gotta say nothing has been WOW to me. 

This one was "ok" but not great. It needed more sweetness or something. I couldn't really put a finger on it to be honest. 

I'm going to move on past teriyaki for a bit and try something different.


Teriyaki Chicken
Recipe from Tastes Better From Scratch
Serves 4
  • 1-2 T oil
  • 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts , chopped
  • 1 c low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1/4 c rice vinegar
  • 2 T sesame oil
  • 1/2 c light brown sugar
  • 2 T honey
  • 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
  • 2 cloves garlic , minced
  • 3 tsp cornstarch+ 3 tsp water , mixed together to make a cornstarch slurry
  • ¼ - ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • For serving:
  • 1 Green onion , chopped, for garnish
  • Hot cooked rice
  • Steamed broccoli or stir-fry veggies

Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned on both sides (doesn’t need to be cooked all the way through). Remove to a plate and cover.

Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet and stir well to combine. Cook over medium heat until it comes to a low boil. Boil for 1 minute. The sauce should be thick enough to coat the back of the spoon.

Stir in chicken and cook for a few more minutes, just until chicken is cooked through.

Garnish with chopped green onion. Serve over cooked rice, with steamed vegetables on the side*.

No comments: