Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Smashed Big Mac Tacos (86 of 150)

Come on. Admit it. You've seen the viral "smashed burger tacos" all over TikTok and Instagram. And if you haven't, what rock have you been under?

It's a unique take on smashed burgers and tacos. It's big in the low carb world for obvious reasons. I used a carb balance tortilla to keep the carbs low.

The concept is you make a smash burger on a flour tortilla. Making the beef as thin as possible. THIS is key. It has to cook fast, and get a crust on it. 


Once it's done, you top it with the same things you'd top a burger with. My sauce was mayo, sugar free ketchup, mustard, dill pickle juice, chopped dill pickles, a little garlic powder, a little onion powder, some salt and pepper. 

After I put the cheese on it and let it sit for a bit to melt the cheese, I added the tomatoes, onion and sauce. 

Then you fold and eat it like a taco. It was drippy. Very drippy. Which is what really makes a good burger if you ask me. 

Overall the was "ok". It wasn't great, but it was interesting enough to try and it filled the empty stomach. I won't make this again. I'd rather not have a bun and eat a thicker burger than deal with this. That said, it was fun to give it a try. I don't fall for the viral food trends too often, so this was fun to do. 

No comments: