Thursday, August 5, 2021

Apple Cranberry Pecan Salad (Recipe 101 of 125)

Photo from DamnDelicious
Last night the girls were over for book club. The main dish was being brought to the house and my only responsibility was a salad. I decided to try something new than a boring old salad. 

This salad was delicious. Refreshing and light. It really requires very little salad dressing. The only thing that I thing it needed was more sweet. The dressing was very tart, almost too tart for me. 

I also did not use pomegranates. I couldn't find any so I skipped it. I almost replaced them with grapes but decided there was enough in the salad already. 

Apple Cranberry Pecan Salad
Recipe from Damn Delicious
Serves 4

  • 6 cups baby spinach
  • 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup pecan halves
  • 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
  • 1/3 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese

FOR THE LEMON VINAIGRETTE:
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1 lemon, juiced and zested
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 tablespoon poppy seeds

To make the vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar and poppy seeds in a small bowl; set aside.

To assemble the salad, place spinach in a large bowl; top with apple, pecans, pomegranate arils, cranberries and goat cheese. Pour the dressing on top of the salad and gently toss to combine.

Serve immediately.

No comments: