Wednesday, May 13, 2020

World's Best Honey Garlic Pork Chops

When I see something like "World's Best" I think, "I'll be the judge of that!"

I'm a BBQ sauce snob thanks to my Mom and her YUMMY 70's style BBQ sauce I grew up on. I'm also horrible at having enough patience to slowly grill a piece of meat and slather it with BBQ sauce allowing for the sugars to caramelize.  Tonight...I had the patience. And boy am I glad I did.

I have pork only once in a while. It's not my go to meat, and I often don't even think about it until I get a recipe like this one. The BBQ sauce, however, can be super versatile and I will be using it on chicken very soon.

World's Best Honey Garlic Pork Chops
Recipe from AllRecipes.com
Serves 6
Note: I did not, for a change, double the BBQ amounts. It was more than enough for the three chops I did.

½ c ketchup
Photo from AllRecipes.com
2 ⅔ T honey
2 T low-sodium soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, crushed
6 (4 ounce) (1-inch thick) pork chops

Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.

Whisk ketchup, honey, soy sauce, and garlic together in a bowl to make a glaze.

Sear the pork chops on both sides on the preheated grill. Lightly brush glaze onto each side of the chops as they cook; grill until no longer pink in the center, about 7 to 9 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).

No comments: