Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Slow Cooker Au Jus Pot Roast

Photo from AllRecipes
Every time I make pot roast I can feel my dad behind my shoulder licking his lips. Pot roast was his favorite. And it's one of my favorites too. 

I have some good recipes, but I like to try new ones just in case they are good too. 

This one, it was ok, but not one I need to make again. Super easy, and very few ingredients. It just didn't hit that "like" button for me enough. 

Slow Cooker Au Jus Pot Roast
Recipe from All Recipes
Serves 8
  • 1 (4 pound) boneless beef chuck roast
  • 1 T Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
  • 1 T Montreal-style steak seasoning
  • 2 T olive oil
  • 1 cube beef bouillon
  • 1 c hot strong black coffee
  • 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 1 tsp dried oregano, or to taste
  • 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, or to taste

Rub chuck roast with 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce and sprinkle on all sides with steak seasoning.

Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the roast in the hot oil until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer roast to a slow cooker.

Dissolve beef bouillon cube in the coffee and pour the mixture over the roast. Pour tomato sauce over meat and season with oregano; drizzle meat with 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce.

Set cooker to Low and cook until meat is tender, 8 to 10 hours.

No comments: