Sunday, June 16, 2024

Korean Pork Kabobs

Photo by Dance Around
The Kitchen
The recipe had great promise, but the instructions weren't complete for the sauce. 

It talks about heating it for 90 seconds in the microwave. It never thickened. The recipe author calls it a "glaze" and a "glaze", to me, is thick. If I were to make this recipe I'd cook the sauce on the stove and let it thicken. It might have had more of a depth of flavor then. 

It had a very strong soy sauce taste and I couldn't figure out why. Then as I reread the recipe to put here in the blog I realized what I had done. 

I cut the ingredients in half and for the soy sauce I was to put in 3/4 Tablespoon. Instead I put in 3/4 cup. That'll make it too soy saucey. 

Now I feel like I need to redo this recipe. That additional liquid is likely why this didn't thicken at all. 



Korean Pork Kabobs
Recipe from Dance Around the Kitchen
Serves 6
  • 2 pounds pork tenderloin
  • ⅓ cup brown sugar
  • 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 ½ tablespoons gochujang Korean chili paste
  • 1 ½ tablespoons rice wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon ginger paste
  • green onions and sesame seeds optional

If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes. This will help prevent them from burning on the grill/in the oven.

In a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, gochujang, rice wine vinegar, honey, minced garlic and ginger.

Microwave the mixture for 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds. Be careful as the mixture will boil and the bowl may be hot.

Cut the pork tenderloin into 1 inch cubes.

Thread the pork cubes onto the soaked skewers and season with salt and pepper.

Heat the grill to medium-high heat and grease lightly to prevent the meat from sticking to the grates.*

Place the seasoned kabobs on the grill.

Grill for 8-12 minutes, rotating the kabobs and brushing with sauce every couple minutes.

Remove from the grill once the largest pork cube reaches 145F.

Garnish with sliced green onions and sprinkle with sesame seeds.

No comments: