Sunday, November 13, 2022

Hot Jezebel Dip (Recipe 139 of 150)

Photo from 12 Tomatoes
I've been waiting and waiting to make this recipe. It's spicy and I have a couple of friends who don't like spicy. But tonight's Sunday dinner is my golden opportunity. Small group and most are ok with spicy. 

I did not use 2 T or 3 T of horseradish. I used a heaping tablespoon and it was just right. It still cleared the sinuses. 

The sweet and spicy combo of this with the cool cream cheese is really yummy. I have visions of baking chicken in this sauce at some point (sans the cream cheese). 


Hot Jezebel Dip/Sauce
Recipe from 12tomatoes.com
Serves 8
  • 1 (18 oz) jar apricot preserves
  • 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 T Dijon mustard
  • 2-3 T horseradish
  • Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
  • ritz crackers or chips

In bowl, whisk together apricot preserves, Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons horseradish, and black pepper. Add more horseradish and black pepper to taste.

Chill overnight OR serve immediately poured over top of cream cheese.

No comments: