Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Cilantro-Lime Salmon (Recipe 162 of 125)

At the last book club Mrs. Braspir served a cilantro lime salmon and it was fantastic. I was meaning to ask her for the recipe, but never did. Then this one came up in my recipe selection and I feel like it was really close.

Salmon rarely needs that much to it for it to be good. When I crave salmon I usually make my old stand by - which is also delicious. 

What I didn't do is put this in the microwave. That seems sacrilegious to me. Instead I put it in the oven at 400. I also put a little lime juice in the sauce because, well, why not?

Cilantro-Lime Salmon
Recipe from Taste of Home

Serves 2

  • 2 T sour cream
  • 1 green onion, chopped
  • 1 T minced fresh cilantro
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1/4 tsp minced fresh gingerroot
  • 1/4 tsp grated lime zest
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • Dash ground cumin
  • Dash pepper
  • Dash crushed red pepper flakes
  • 2 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
  • Lime wedges

In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Place fillets skin side down in a greased 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish; top with sour cream mixture.

Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lime wedges.

No comments: