Sunday, October 3, 2021

Mexican Street Tacos (Recipe 132 of 125)

Photo from Damn
Delicious
I could eat tacos every day. I usually make them with ground beef and occasionally I'll do the chopped beef version of tacos. Like real street tacos. 

Street tacos to me are supposed to be simple. Meat and an onion/cilantro/lime salsa. 

This time I chopped the meat up in small, bite size pieces BEFORE I marinated it. That infused so much more flavor per bite to me. I'll make these again. They were delicious.


Mexican Street Tacos
Recipe from Damn Delicious
Serves 6

  • 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
  • 12 mini flour tortillas, warmed
  • 3/4 cup diced red onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
  • 1 lime, cut into wedges

In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, lime juice, 1 tablespoon canola oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin and oregano.

In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine soy sauce mixture and steak; marinate for at least 1 hour up to 4 hours, turning the bag occasionally.

Heat remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add steak and marinade, and cook, stirring often, until steak has browned and marinade has reduced, about 5-6 minutes, or until desired doneness.

Serve steak in tortillas, topped with onion, cilantro and lime.

No comments: