Monday, October 11, 2021

7-Can Chicken Tortilla Soup (Recipe 136 of 125)

This is one of the easiest recipes ever. You looking to clean out your pantry? This recipe is the one for you. I only had to buy canned chicken. I've decided I'm not a fan of canned chicken. 

This was a good, hearty and flavorful soup. I bought medium Green Enchilada sauce so it had some spice. 

I wouldn't change a thing. I was so hungry though I completely forgot about the tortillas, sour cream and cheese to go on top of this. And I didn't miss it. 

7-Can Chicken Tortilla Soup
Recipe from 12Tomatoes

FOR SOUP:

  • 1 15-oz can white kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
  • 1 15-oz can pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
  • 1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes (drained)
  • 1 15-oz can sweet corn (drained)
  • 1 12.5-oz can chicken breast (drained)
  • 1 10-oz can green enchilada sauce
  • 1 14-oz can low sodium chicken broth
  • 1 1-oz packet taco seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp ground black pepper


FOR TOPPING:

  • 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 c sour cream
  • 1/4 c chopped cilantro
  • 2 c tortilla chips

Once canned goods have been drained (and rinsed in the case of the beans) combine all ingredients into a large stock pot set on medium-high.

Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.

Serve with individual portions topped with a dollop of sour cream, some shredded cheese, some chopped cilantro, and a few tortilla chips.

No comments: