Saturday, May 9, 2020

Slow Cooker Steak Tips

Last week, or maybe it was the week before, I decided on making a slow cooker meal in the middle of the week. I mean, after all, I'm home.

I like the idea of Steak Tips. I've had them a couple of times in restaurants and really enjoy them. This recipe I did not enjoy. Not sure if it was the cut of beef I used, or if it was just meh.

Slow Cooker Steak Tips
Recipe from Lowcarbyum.com
Serves 8

2 T olive oil
2 pounds beef round cubed
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
8 ounces baby portobello mushrooms sliced
1 small onion sliced
3 c beef bone broth
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried parsley
xanthan gum optional thickener

Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Season beef with salt and pepper. Brown meat in hot oil, about 3-5 minutes per side, then set aside.

Place sliced mushrooms and onions into slow cooker. Top with browned beef, broth, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, basil, and parsley.

Cover crock and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or until meat is fork tender. Sauce will be thin. If thicker sauce is desired add in small amounts of xanthan gum (about 1 teaspoon or so). Or, use low carb thickener of choice.

No comments: