Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Curry & Coconut Chicken Kebabs

This recipe has everything that I like: Coconut milk, curry and chicken. What it was lacking was flavor surprisingly. I let it marinate for 30 minutes as the recipe says. I think the chicken needed seasoning, like salt, instead of in the marinade.

I also didn't skewer these. I cut them in cubes, marinade them and then put them on my new Indoor Smokeless grill. No need for a skewer at this point. I also didn't cook the grapes, because, Blech.

I'd make this again, but I'd season the chicken instead of the marinade.

Curry and Coconut Chicken Kebabs
Recipe from Cuisine at Home
Photo from Chatelaine

1 1/4 c lite coconut milk
3 T curry powder
1 T fresh lime juice
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne
1 lb chicken breasts, cut into 2 " cubes
1 large green grapes
2 red bell pepper, cut into 2" cubes

Whisk together first 5 ingredients.

Toss chicken chunks into marinade to coat, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Thread the chicken onto skewers, alternating grapes and pepper chunks.

Grill until done.

No comments: