Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Roasted Carrots with Vinaigrette

I really like roasted carrots. I'm not a HUGE raw carrot fan. I mean all eat them, but roasted I'll EAT them.

This recipe was super easy and would have been fantastic had I not burnt my carrots to a crisp. First of all, I cut them too small. Secondly 475F is a bit too hot for small carrots and Third of all, I forgot to mix them in oil, so did that about 5 minutes into the cooking.


See... burnt! About half of them were edible. The tomatoes on the side were an after thought considering I figured I wouldn't be able to eat all the carrots...many of them were...well, gross.

The pork chop in that recipe you can find on my blog here.

Roasted Carrots with Vinaigrette
Recipe from the Pioneer Woman
Serves 10 (I obviously cut it in quarters to make it just for me)

1/4 c Olive Oil
Photo from the AMAZING Pioneer Woman. 
2 T Olive Oil
2 T White Wine Vinegar
1 T Dijon Mustard
1 T Minced Garlic
3 sprigs Fresh Thyme, Leaves Removed And Minced
1 sprig Fresh Rosemary, Leaves Removed And Minced
5 pounds Carrots, Trimmed And Peeled
Salt And Pepper, to taste

Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.

Cut the carrots in quarters lengthwise, then into 2 to 3-inch pieces. Spread them out onto two sheet pans. Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes, tossing them once or twice, until the carrots are tender and brown along the edges. (You may roast them at 450 if you'd like a little room to work with.)

To a jar add 1/4 cup olive oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, herbs, and salt and pepper. Shake to emulsify.

Place the carrots into a dish or platter. Pour over the vinaigrette and serve.

Will keep for two days in the refrigerator. Serve at room temperature or reheat.

No comments: