Sunday, January 26, 2020

Slow Cooker Steakhouse Stew

Every week I plan my menu.
Every week I buy food for my menu.
Every week I intend to cook.
Every week... I don't cook it all.

I have such high expectations on Sat or Sun when I do my plan. Then during the week, work gets crazy and I leave "too late to cook". The reality is it isn't "too" late, I'm just that lazy.

So this week...I decided I was going to do the typical planning, shopping, etc. THEN I'd cook them all.

Today I cooked the following

  1. Chicken Adobo
  2. Creamy Garlic Steak Bites with Mushrooms and
  3. Slow Cooker Steakhouse Soup

All three are super easy. The Slow Cooker Steakhouse Soup is what's for dinner tonight. I totally missed it was slow cooker and so it's going low and slow on the stove instead. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Stay tuned and I'll be adding each recipe as I have them.

In the meantime, the Steakhouse Soup... I made a couple modifications. Shocking, I know. I added a can of black beans and I had about 1/2 cup frozen corn left, so I tossed that in.

Slow Cooker Steakhouse Soup

Recipe from Taste of Home
Photo from Taste of Home

Serves 10


1 carton (32 ounces) beef broth
1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables of your choice, thawed
2 c water
1 medium onion, chopped
1 c steak sauce
2 T minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
1 T chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Combine all ingredients in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker.  Cook, covered, on low until steak and potatoes are tender, 8-10 hours.

No comments: