Sunday, January 12, 2020

Coconut Flour Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins

Tonight was supposed to be Sunday Dinner. The theme? Breakfast. I decided to make these muffins for that and my week's worth of breakfasts.

Sadly, I had to cancel Sunday dinner thanks to snow headed into the Seattle area. I really don't want my friends and family out in that - whether they can drive in it or not...it's just safer.

Full disclosure - I haven't officially tasted these yet. My observations so far is I'm going to love them.

I didn't have nutmeg or cloves on hand, so didn't put them in. I'm not a fan of cloves, so I'm okay with that one. Nutmeg may make a difference, though I suspect minimally.

I also noticed the recipe indicates the butter should be softened or melted. I did softened and it really didn't mix in well. I'd melt the butter next time.

Looking at the recipe now I realized I didn't add the brown sugar. Oh these should be interesting.

Coconut Flour Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins
Recipe from Lowcarbyum.com
Photo from LowCarbYum.com

Makes 12 regular size muffins

1/2 c coconut flour sifted
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/2 c low carb sugar substitute [JWNote: I used Swerve confectioner because that's all I had]
1/4 c Sukrin Gold packed, or other brown sugar substitute [JW note: I forgot this all together. ]
1 c pumpkin puree
1/2 c heavy cream
2 T butter softened or melted [JW Note: I recommend melting it]
3 large eggs
2/3 c sugar free dried cranberries homemade or LC Foods
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray or line 12 muffin cups with liners.

Combine coconut flour, baking powder, and spices; stir well with a whisk.

Combine sweeteners, pumpkin, cream, butter, and eggs with a mixer at medium speed until well blended.

Add coconut flour mixture to wet mixture; beat at low speed just until combined.

Fold in cranberries.

Spoon batter into prepared cups.

Bake at 375°F for 25-30 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center.

Place on a wire rack; remove muffins after 15 minutes and cool completely on rack.

Calories 100kcal
Serving: 1g | Calories: 100kcal | Protein: 2.6g | Fat: 7.5g | Fiber: 2.6g
Net Carbs: -2.6 g | % Carbs: -15.4 % | % Protein: 15.4 % | % Fat: 100 %

No comments: