Sunday, January 5, 2020

Keto Breakfast Burger

This low carb thing...breakfasts are hard for me! Eggs are the main protein for breakfast, but I am just not a fan. I've been eating low carb toast and bacon for months now. I need something new.

Then I found this... a breakfast "burger". So I made a plan.

I've BBQd the burger and fried the egg. Everything is ready to assemble through the week. See that's what I have to do. I have to plan and prep. If I don't, I make bad decisions.

Keto Breakfast Burger
Recipe from Better Than Bread Keto
Serves... as many as you want. This recipe is for one.
Photo from Better Than Bread Keto website.

1/2 lb ground beef (75/25)
3 slices thick-sliced bacon
1 slice cheddar cheese
1 large egg
pink Himalayan salt, to taste
*optional* 2 tbsp Sugar-Free Maple Syrup

Begin by forming the ground beef into a hamburger patty

Place the bacon and the hamburger in a large skillet over medium-high heat

Cook each until they are your desired level of done, removing them as they are cooked to your liking

Before removing the hamburger, place the cheese on top

Using the leftover grease in the skillet, fry the egg (sunny side up is great, but whatever you prefer will work just fine)

Place the cooked ingredients on a plate in this order: burger, bacon, egg

Optionally, you can drizzle sugar-free maple syrup overtop for more of a breakfast taste

Enjoy!


No comments: