Monday, December 30, 2019

Cabbage Soup with Beef

This time of year is soup and stew season to me. I love soups (I think I got it from Dad) and stews. Something so warm and comforting.

Trying to eat low carb makes some soups and stews difficult. I stumbled onto this recipe and it seemed to have everything I loved. So I decided to make it. I bought all the ingredients and came home tonight to make it. Only then did I realize it was an instant pot recipe...so I improvised.

The first recipe is  my version. At the bottom is a link to the real version.

Cabbage Soup with Beef
Recipe from Savorytooth.com
Photo courtesy of SavoryTooth.com

Serves 8

28 ounce can diced tomatoes
1 pound 90% lean ground beef
1/2 cabbage, chopped
3 c beef stock
3 c vegetable stock
1 c riced cauliflower (I used an entire bag of frozen riced cauliflower)
1/2 c diced onions
1/2 c diced carrots
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
1 T Worcestershire Sauce (my add)
1 T Tomato paste (my add)

Put ground beef in a stock pot and start browning. Then add the onion, cabbage and carrot when the beef is mostly browned. Then I tossed in everything else, stock and seasonings.

I let it simmer for about 20 minutes then served myself.

Here's the real recipe. If you have an instant pot and try this, let me know how it is.

No comments: