Thursday, November 21, 2019

The Best Chicken Marinade

You know, it's pretty gutsy to claim to be the "best" chicken marinade. I mean, there are so many marinades out there that are pretty darn good. So I had to try this one to see if it was, in fact, the "best".

I have to admit, it was pretty damn good. I'd make this in a heartbeat. I did replace the brown sugar in this recipe with a low carb brown sugar so I can't really comment on how good it may or may not be with real brown sugar. I can assume it would be delicious since brown sugar is so good.

I also didn't let this marinade for 4 hours. Ain't no body got time to let something sit for 4 hours on a weeknight. It sat for about an hour and was delicious. The notes on the recipe say "I've marinated my chicken for as few as 30 minutes and the chicken was still phenomenal. Basically, the longer you have to marinate the better but don't worry if you don't have a lot of time." So, yah, you don't need the full 4 hours, but if you have it...maybe give it a try.

The Best Chicken Marinade
Recipe from Momontimeout.com
Photo from Mom on Time out . com

Serves 6

½ c extra virgin olive oil
½ c balsamic vinegar (or other vinegar)
¼ c soy sauce
¼ c Worcestershire sauce
⅛ c lemon juice
¾ c brown sugar
2 tsp dried rosemary [ yah, I forgot this]
2 T Dijon or Spicy Brown mustard
2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
6 chicken breasts or 3.5 lb chicken

Combine all ingredients, except for chicken, in a large Pyrex measuring cup or mixing bowl and whisk together.

Remove a half a cup of marinade and reserve for basting the chicken later.

Place chicken in a large, Ziploc bag and pour marinade over the top. Close securely.

Marinate for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.

To grill:

Preheat grill to medium high heat and lightly oil the grates. Remove the chicken from the marinade, letting the excess drip off. Grill chicken for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.

Baste the chicken occasionally with the reserved marinade.

Remove chicken from grill and tent with foil. Let chicken rest for at least 5 minutes before serving

No comments: