Saturday, November 16, 2019

Coconut Flour Psyllium Husk Bread

Don't be fooled. It's still not bread. Low carb bread isn't great and I'm still struggling to find a low carb bread that is easy and delicious. This one is still my favorite.

Tonight I got a wild twig and decided I needed to try a new bread. This one is good, but not great. It needs a bit of sweet I think. It uses Psyllium husk which is GREAT of your digestion...if you know what I mean.

I'm going to try it in French toast tomorrow so we'll see how that goes.

Coconut Flour Psyllium Husk Bread

Serves 15

6 T whole psyllium husks  may want to finely grind
3/4 c warm water
1 c coconut flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp sea salt
1 pint egg whites 2 cups (or use 8 whole eggs)
2 large eggs see note
1/2 c olive oil
1/4 c coconut oil melted

Preheat oven to 350°F.

If not using silicone pan, grease or line pan with parchment paper. I used an 8×4-in pan.

Dump all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until well combined. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a mixing bowl with electric mixer.

Spread batter into 8×4 loaf pan. Smooth top.

Bake for 45-55 minutes or until edges are brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Let bread sit in pan for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan and allow to cool completely on rack.

Calories 127kcal
Serving: 1slice
Carbohydrates: 6g
Protein: 3g
Fat: 13.3g
Fiber: 4.1g



No comments: