Sunday, November 4, 2018

Monterrey Chicken-Rice Bake

I pulled out another recipe from Mom's gray tin of recipes. This one sounded interesting and a bit weird all at the same time. I mean who uses cottage cheese in something like this? Gross.

I ultimately decided that I was going to follow the recipe exactly as it says to. The only thing I ultimately forgot to do was season the darn thing. Had I not forgotten that this would have been much better. As it was it was just meh.

I also didn't add the Monterrey grated cheese. I already had some shredded cheese in my drawer and just chose to use it instead. I really think Monterrey shredded cheese would have made this more creamy.

Monterrey Chicken-Rice Bake
Recipe from Mom or Grandma

1/2 c cottage cheese
1/2 c sour cream
3 oz cream cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup (10 3/4 oz)
1 can (4oz) diced green chiles
1 tsp salt
1/8tsp garlic powder
3 c cooked chicken - chopped
3 c cooked rice (cooked in chicken broth)
1 c grated Monterrey Jack cheese
2 tomatoes coarsely chopped
3/4 c coarsely crushed corn chips

Blend cottage cheese, cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add mix to remaining ingredients except corn chips. Pour into a shallow 2 qt baking dish. Sprinkle with corn chips.
Bake at 350 for 25-30 Minutes.



No comments: