Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sweet Corn and Bacon Saute



My friend Sara mad this dish for me and another friend a couple of weeks ago. I like corn. This made me LOVE corn. Such an easy recipe and oh so flavorful. I actually followed the recipe word for word and made no changes. It was so good that there's no need. 

The corn saute recipe on MyRecipe goes with salmon. Sara made this entire recipe and both the corn and salmon was fantastic.

Sweet Corn and Bacon Saute
Photo from MyRecipe.com

Serves: I doubled the recipe for 6 people and had about a serving left

2 center cut bacon slices, chopped
1 medium shallot, finely chopped
3 green onions, thinly sliced, whites and greens separated
2 T dry white wine
1 T apple cider vinegar or sherry vinegar
1 10oz package frozen corn
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat 4 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Add shallot and white parts of onions; sauté 2 minutes. Add wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in vinegar, corn, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in green parts of onions.

No comments: