Sunday, August 9, 2015

Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce

Last nights Sunday dinner (which was the annual Saturday Sunday dinner) I decided to make flank steak and chimichurri sauce. I'm a big fan of chimichurri sauce and every time I have it I think I should make it more.

Super simple and super tasty. You can put this on any beef product you want. If you've got a New York Strip you're dying to grill instead...do it. I seasoned my flank steak simply by using McCormicks Montreal Grill Seasoning. I didn't follow the rub in the recipe.

I'm only putting the portion of the recipe for the chimichurri sauce. If you want the entire recipe, go here.

Chimichurri Sauce
Photo from ME.

Recipe from SkinnyTaste.com


2 packed T parsley, finely chopped (no stems)
2 packed T cilantro, finely chopped (no stems)
2 T red onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 T extra virgin olive oil
2 T apple cider vinegar
1 T water
Salt and pepper to taste
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes (I didn't include this for some reason)

For the chimichurri, combine the red onion, vinegar, salt and olive oil and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients. Mix all ingredients together.

Note: I did this like I do my pesto. Everything in the food processor and drizzle in the olive oil. I probably used more than 2 T, but it turned out fantastic.

No comments: