Sunday, August 30, 2015

Grilled Lemon Chicken

My sister was up for the weekend and we're both trying to eat healthy. We have a habit of enabling each other to NOT eat healthy so I figured if I planned on making us dinner, we'd be better at not eating bad stuff.

I made this grilled lemon chicken. And while it was very flavorful, I forgot one BIG thing with chicken and lemon...the smaller the pieces, the more weird the texture when lemons involved.

Generally when I marinade chicken I cut it into chunks to marinade. More marinade per bite in my mind. I did the same with this recipe. I only let it sit for 30 minutes because I know lemon can "cook" the chicken if it's in too long. The texture was gross to me. Blech. The sister loved it, so I sent the entire vat of left overs with her.

I'd make this again but use full chicken breasts (or thighs) instead of smaller pieces.

Its 161 calories for 1 breast - 29 grams of protein. Not too bad.

Grilled Lemon Chicken
Recipe from Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook
Serves 4

1 garlic clove, peeled (yah right, I used 3)
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp grated lemon zest
3 T lemon juice
1 T extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp dried oregano (somehow I left this out)
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 (5oz) skinless, boneless chicken breasts

With side of large knife, mash garlic with salt until it forms a paste.

To make marinade, combine everything in a zip loc bag. Squeeze out any air and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Grill chicken until done.

Easy!

No comments: