Thursday, June 4, 2015

Steak Tacos With Lime Mayo

The Niece's Wife was over last night fixing my curtain rods...and since I was letting her do all the work, I cooked dinner.

My Cooking Light meal plan sent me Steak Tacos with Lime Mayo at 324 calories for 2 tacos. The recipe looked good and simple, my two favorite things.

Turned out they were delicious...and I ate the leftovers. Crazy.

The lime mayo was interesting. If I made this again, I'd swap the mayo for light sour cream and mix that with the lime. I had to add extra lime to counteract the "mayo" flavor.

I also don't do bell peppers, so instead I made a quick pica de gallo (and somehow completely forgot the jalapeno).

Steak Tacos with Lime May
Photo from Cooking Light, May 2011

Recipe from Cooking Light, May 2011
Calories 324 for 2 tacos



20 baby sweet peppers

Cooking spray

1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper

1 teaspoon paprika

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed

3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise (such as Hellmann's)

1 teaspoon grated lime rind

1 tablespoon lime juice

1 teaspoon minced garlic

1 teaspoon water

8 (6-inch) corn tortillas

1/2 cup refrigerated fresh salsa

2 ounces queso fresco, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)



Preheat broiler to high.

Arrange bell peppers in a single layer on a foil-lined jelly-roll pan; lightly coat peppers with cooking spray. Broil peppers 4 minutes on each side or until blackened. Cool slightly; discard stems. Cut peppers into strips.

Combine chipotle, paprika, and salt; rub spice mixture evenly over steak. Place steak on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let steak stand 10 minutes; thinly slice steak across the grain. Combine mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients; stir well.

Working with 1 tortilla at a time, heat tortillas over medium-high heat, directly on the eye of a burner, for about 15 seconds on each side or until lightly charred. Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates. Divide steak evenly among tortillas; top each taco with 1/4 cup sweet peppers, 1 tablespoon salsa, 1 tablespoon cheese, and 1 1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise mixture.

No comments: