Monday, June 1, 2015

Curried Coconut Soup with Chicken

Let me first say, I didn't ready the directions before I started this, so I didn't actually make this recipe as it states below.

And I, for whatever reason, cannot cook rice noodles. They are among the easiest things to make and yet I can't get them done correctly.

This is a flavorful soup and filling. Of course, once I pee I'll be hungry.

Small note: Be sure to plan for 30-45 minutes for the noodles to soak. I did not and thus the bad consistency of my noodles. Most likely...

Curried Coconut Soup with Chicken
Photo from Cooking Light
Recipe from Cooking Light
Serves 4
Calories for 1.5 c = 330

2 teaspoons canola oil
1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
4 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
4 cups unsalted chicken stock
1 cup light coconut milk
2 cups chopped skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
2/3 cup thinly sliced cucumber
1/2 cup torn fresh basil
2 teaspoons sambal oelek
1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
2 cups cooked rice noodles

Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots; sauté 2 minutes. Add curry paste and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add stock and coconut milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes.

Combine chicken, cucumber, basil, sambal oelek, and sesame oil in a medium bowl; toss to coat. Place 1/2 cup chicken mixture and 1/2 cup noodles in each of 4 bowls. Pour about 1 1/4 cups stock mixture into each bowl. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.

No comments: