Monday, June 8, 2015

Chicken Strawberry Salad

Interestingly enough I made this for a "Meatless Monday" and only when I was putting in the chicken did I do a face palm.

This is a delicious recipe. The sweet of the strawberry coupled with the tangy blue cheese and vinegar dressing really sets this recipe up for success.  I

Chicken Strawberry Salad

Recipe from Cooking Light
Serves 4

Dressing:
1 T sugar
2 T red wine vinegar
1 T water
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 T olive oil

Salad:
4 c torn romaine lettuce
4 c arugula (I can't stand arugula so I left this out)
2 c quartered strawberries
1/3 c vertically sliced red onion (Hint: If you cut your red onion in half and submerge the cut side in cold water for 15 minutes, the onion isn't as harsh).
12 oz skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast, sliced
2 T cashews halved (the recipe says unsalted, but what fun is that?)
1/2 c crumbled blue cheese

To prepare the dressing, mix everything together except the oil. Gradually drizzle the oil in stirring constantly with a whisk.

For the salad, put everything in a bowl. Drizzle with dressing.

No comments: