Monday, February 23, 2015

Chicken Caesar Pitas

So I wasn't sure this afternoon at lunch how this concoction could be considered "Caesar" then I read the ingredients list again and realized I missed a vital ingredient...anchovy paste. I even had some in the fridge! 

This chicken salad has potential. It was flavorful, but was missing something in the texture.  I kept feeling like I wanted celery or onion in the mixture.  When I make it again, I'd put in some celery and I'd remember the anchovy paste.

1 sandwich is 304 calories - not too bad for lunch.

Chicken Caesar Pita
Recipe from Weight Watchers The Ultimate Chicken Cookbook

Serves 4

1/4 c plain low fat yogurt
2 T low fat mayonnaise
2 T grated Parmesan cheese
1 small garlic clove, crushed through a press
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp anchovy paste
Salt and pepper
2 c cooked chicken, chopped
4 6" whole wheat pita breads
romaine lettuce leaves

Combine the yogurt, mayo, cheese, garlic, lemon juice, mustard, anchovy paste and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat with dressing.

Cut a pocket in each pita. Fill each pita with one fourth of the chicken mixture and 2 lettuce leaves.



No comments: