Monday, March 11, 2013

Crash Hot Potatoes

I've seen these potatoes done on a number of Food Network shows and I kept thinking it'd be a fun little change to potatoes.  For Sunday Dinner - these made the rotation.

I made a couple small changes - shocking I know. I added parmesan cheese to the top of them when I put them in the oven.  Delicious.

These were super easy to make, but does take some time to cook them up. I used the bottom of a coffee cup to smash them since I didn't have a potato smasher like Pioneer Woman suggests.

Crash Hot Potatoes
Recipe by the Pioneer Woman
Serves 6
Photo by the Pioneer Woman

12 small yellow potatoes
Kosher salt
3 T olive oil
Fresh ground pepper

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, boil the potatoes in lightly salted water until fork tender, about 12 inutes.

Preheat oven to 475.

Place the potatoes on a baking sheet. Using a potato masher, gently press each one. The top of the potatoes should be really textured.  Drizzle the tops with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 15 minutes.

Sooo good. You'll want to make them all the time.

No comments: