Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Spinach Penne Salad

I'm super behind adding recipes to my blog. Mostly because I'm not OCD'ing about cooking and sharing those recipes with you.

Every now and then I cook.  Several months ago I made this for some gathering, or maybe it was just my brother coming over. Either way it was delicious AND low-cal.  The recipe says it's just 327 calories for 1.5 cups of salad - which isn't a lot of salad, but just enough for a side dish. I served this with grilled chicken breasts along the side.

Spinach Penne Salad
Recipe from Taste of Home
Serves 10
Photo by Taste of Home

Dressing:
1/2 c olive oil
1/2 c white wine vinegar
1/3 c grated Parmesan cheese
1 T Dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
 
Mix all together. Set aside.

Salad:
1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
3/4 c (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 c sliced ripe or Greek olives
 
Cook pasta according to package. Drain, rinse under cold water. Add to all the ingredients for salad, dress with dressing prior to serving.
 

  • No comments: