Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Apple, Pecan, and Blue Cheese Salad

Since I've been on this eating healthier kick, I've not had much opportunity to try new recipes.  But every now and then I go to a friend's house for dinner and just like that I have an excuse to make something new.

You all, I'm sure, know I'm a big fan of the Pioneer Woman.  Well, on a recent episode she made this salad and I knew I had to make it.

Delicious.  I didn't have any maple syrup and so substituted brown sugar. I'm sure that changed the flavor profile, so next time I make it I'll buy the syrup.

Make this salad. You won't be disappointed.

Apple, Pecan, and Blue Cheese Salad
Recipe from The Pioneer Woman
Serves 8
Photo by Pioneer Woman

12 ounces, weight salad greens (spring Mix)
2 whole apples, cored and sliced very thin
1/2 c pecan halves
1/4 c dried cherries
6 ounces, weight blue cheese, cut Iito chunks
1 T (heaping) Dijon mustard
1 T maple syrup (more To Taste)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar (more To Taste)
1/4 c olive oil
Salt And Pepper, to taste

Add greens, apple slices, pecan halves, dried cherries, and blue cheese chunks into a large salad bowl.
 
In a small jar, mix Dijon, maple syrup, vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Put the lid on the jar and shake well to mix.
 
Pour a little salad dressing over the top of the salad and toss to combine. Taste salad and add more salad dressing to taste.

No comments: